Monday, October 29, 2007

Blogging Oct. 29th

I'm on the computer again! The recovery hasn't gone as quickly as I would like. I would like to be back to my old self again. I'm just whining! It has been really good that my mom was here to take care of us. She has been such a wonderful help. I didn't have to think about anything. Laundry, cleaning the house, food, dishes, kids and etc... She also was very attentive to all my needs. I don't know how I'm going to handle the house without her. But it will also help get me into the groove. I appreciate every one's encouragement (cards, emails, phone calls, food, flowers and even a banner) I'm am so spoiled.

I have been off the Vicadin for about 2 days now. The drains are not ready to come out but are showing signs of slowing. The pain is better, it is more of a tightness (mostly). There are definite movements I can not do. I am doing exercises to improve my mobility. I can raise my right arm to the top of my head (carefully) WOOHOO! the left arm is doing slightly better. Moving the arms across my body is more difficult. When I laughed for the first time, that was a bit surprising amount of pain. It isn't painful any more.

The kids are handling me with great care. They are getting school work done, their chores and tolerating each other with good spirits. I am very proud of them. Neal is holding together pretty well as long as he gets a good night sleep.

I am supposed to go to the Doctors' on Thursday. I'm going to email her and ask if it is possible to postpone the appointment till the drains are ready to come out. They may have some pathology results by then though so we shall see.

3 comments:

paulatte said...

Yvette,
I miss you dear friend and wish I could take this from you! You are in my prayers. . .Psalm 23!Surely He is your comforter. Is.41:10

LOL
Paula

Camiva Mom said...

Hello Yvette~

Been praying for you, did you make it to the Doctors today, I pray all went well if so.

Love ya and see you soon,
Heather~

Chris said...

I'm glad you're up and about (somewhat)! :)

Good to hear from you!

Hopefully I'll get to poke my head in and see you if I can come help out with some trenching!

Christopher