Saturday, October 20, 2007

UCSF Pre-op

Friday the 19th I needed to go to UCSF to meet with the pre-op nurse, the Anesthesiologist, and do some lab work. Neal was not able to go with me on such short notice. I was blessed by friends, one to go with me and one to watch my children and clean my house. These blessings knocked my socks off. They can never know how much this relieved the anxiety within me. Thank You.

At UCSF I was able to touch an expander as an example of one that would be inside of me and an example of an implant. This would help alleviate wondering what certain sensations might be. I was shown the drain that would be attached to me for about 2 wks. I will have 2, one on each side. You have to pin them to your clothing or use a kind of lanyard to hold them when bathing. You have to measure out the amount of secretion 2x a day. ...Sorry!...as my daughter would say "T.M.I." (too much information)

Then I went to the hospital side and had about 4-5 viles of blood taken, an EKG, and chest ex ray's. After that I meet with the Anesthesiologist. He explained what would take place and talked about my medical history. He also answered any questions I had.

I'm scheduled to go in on Tuesday at 10:30am to have the radioactive die injected into the tumor so that during surgery they can follow the die to the node that the tumor feeds into. Then the surgery is at 1pm. It is about 5-6 hr long surgery. Then a couple hours to come out of the anesthesia. I get to stay overnight. So I will be heading home on Wednesday.


Specific prayers are:
That the cancer has not spread.
Clarity for the doctors
No allergic reactions to any of the medicines and/or foreign objects in my body
protection on my family
And of course mostly how the Lord lead you.

1 comment:

Camiva Mom said...

PRAYING fo you dear friend many times a day from each one of us here in our household!

God is good!!!

Psalm 40:8 "I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."