Wednesday, October 17, 2007

frustrated

Tuesday Oct. 16th. I woke up feeling like all my planning was for what?? I was frustrated. Now on top of all the learning and emotion of all this now you also have to be your own advocate against the doctors office staff run around and I hear also the insurance. It can be quite exhausting and overwhelming.

At the advice of a friend I composed an email to the surgeon about our cooperation, her staff's mishaps over time, and closed with a note of urgency and confidence in their abilities. Then, I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't do this to begin with, I prayed.

I received a call from the Dr's staff late in the day, 4:20pm, to say they had spent the whole morning working out a way to make the 23rd date work. They think it might, but they will call me in the morning to confirm. Later I checked my email and their was a reply from the Dr. at 3:48pm stating they had my surgery scheduled for the 23rd at 1pm, and to please let her know if her staff had not called to confirm by tomorrow. Confusing!!!

I grieve over the lost time and energy having to deal with this. But this too is part of the process. I had to let go of MY plans... and say OK it is now up to you Lord if this is your timing it will come together.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps. 27:14

No comments: