Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas week

We had a wonderful Christmas. The four of us just enjoyed each other and then relaxing doing our own things. It was peaceful. Our Jehovah Jireh (Provider) really was felt in our home this Christmas. He showed us in His gentle and loving way how He can and will provide.

Wednesday the 26th insurance still had not approved the Chemo, so I only did Herceptin. The doctor was happy with the rise in my iron level, due to taking the iron supplement.

My surgery for the Port came off without a hitch. There were some funny terms used while I was waiting to be operated on; the nurses said "Good Luck" (kind of like crossing your fingers) and the doctor stated he would "Tunnel under the skin". I was really looking forward to the 'procedure' after hearing these things. The Anesthesiologist was very nice, but he had some trouble getting my I.V. started. He had to stick me 6 times before he got a good vein. We are all glad I am getting this Port in. The pain will wear off in a couple of days. I can take the bandages off on Monday. (and take a shower-so if you smell me before then you'll know why) ha ha.

Neal found a muffler shop that would install the catalytic converter for a reasonable price. So he got that done with the hope that it will be enough to pass smog. The van can hobble along for a few more months till things settle down.

I received a call today the 28th from the Oncologist office letting me know that the insurance had approved the new Chemo and that I will be receiving that on Wed. Jan 2nd. Thank the Lord for He is faithful!!

And Yes! it is still OK to do a Colonoscopy the very next day after Chemo. (that's because 'they' are not doing it) What fun!!

3 comments:

Teri Huffman said...

Such a beautiful girl, only Christ and HIS spirit of JOY can shine so brightly through the eyes of one who has walked through this hardship. Despite the physical strain you have endured, the emotional trauma to your heart and spirit...you still SHINE beauty, joy, and hope. A strength that can only come from the Lord.

I am thankful with you that you were given a break for Christmas and were able to enjoy your family and some yummy tastes and smells with out being nauseated. We all love you so much, Kimberly said to tell you “Hi” and that she is praying for you a lot! Did you say the next chemo is scheduled for the day before the colonoscopy? I will be praying for mercy, peace and favor on this upcoming time of TESTS and such. Sheesh…hopefully we can have an end to all the uncertainty of the blood loss aspect after this. I love you, Always your sister, Teri

Peggy Arenchild said...

You look great Yvette. You can't do anything to diminish your great looks with those sparkly blue eyes!

Chip says, "Hair is overrated. Who needs it anyway!"

Blessings friend!

Peggy and Chip

Unknown said...

You make a beautiful Kojak! God is so good to give you a beautifully shaped head, sky blue eyes and a smile that radiates. Gods grace, love, and mercy shines through your natural beauty!

What a blessing you are!

Linda