Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Power

We had a fun New Year's eve. spending time with friends and playing games.

I'm not going to lie the rest of the week was not fun.

Wednesday the 2nd I went in to Chemo for the new drug and all the original ones. Then immediately following that I had to prepare for the Colonoscopy. No eating....I have all this toxic medicine in me and not able to absorb any of it with food. Then you have to drink this horrible solution which has to added bonus of now being glued to the toilet. After surviving the night, the next morning you drink the solution again and them stop drinking all fluids. Needless to say I was quite nauseous. Finally the time comes that I go to do my procedure and they can't use my Port because they don't have those special needles. ARG!! Honestly the procedure went fine. I didn't feel a thing. The next day I had to go to Oncology to get my Neulasta (sp?) shot. Now I am SICK!!! friends rallied and between Wednesday thru Fri; my house was cleaned, kids were well watched and I was cared for. Thank you!! .....the sickness continued through the area's power outage. The power went out on Friday morn and didn't come back till late Monday. (we partied!! YEA!!) I was on 3 more anti-nausea medicines every 6 hrs for 48 hours during that time. YUK!!

During the power outage people weren't able to do the normal things they were used to doing. Their convenient fast paced lives had to slow down even if just for a few days. In that there was alot of good that came out of it. (that I heard) Neighbors gathered and shared meals and other things, beautiful candles were glowing, books were being read and best of all people spent more time with their families. I say all this because in my situation similar things are occurring. I can't do my normal things and yet great things are coming of it.

in the midst of a yukky week I can see the Lord's hand....I had no reactions to the new Chemo drug, my Colonoscopy went fine, in fact they found a polyp that was pre-cancerous and now it's gone!!! and also to see the Lord's body reach out and do so much to carry another through this time is awesome to witness.

Were is the true Power?...in Christ Jesus !!! SELAH

I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Ps. 4:8

3 comments:

Camiva Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camiva Mom said...

Yes SELAH!!! AMEN, Forever!!!

I delight in the joy you express throught not so enjoyable times. God bless your body as it heals Yvette, and thank you so much for sharing scripture in your blogs, they are always uplifting, yes, SELAH!!!

Teri Huffman said...

I will sing praise to the Lord with all my heart, I will tell of thy salvation, I will be glad and rejoice in thee.

This is the scripture that comes to mind for representing your heart and attitude through all this. Each week there are new challenges, yet your heart remains in a state of praise to your God!

What a testimony of how much of God resides in you. Happy to hear that all the yucky tests are done (at least for now). What have they said about your blood count now? Which was the reason for the colonoscopy in the first place? If one more person says, "we need to do________(fill in the blank) test because you might have cancer" I am going to personally come there and punch them!!! As I said before, just because they removed cancer once, does not mean every little thing now has some link to cancer. Praying always, loving forever, Teri