Saturday, December 15, 2007

What's ahead

It appears I have little veins and they are not handling all the sticks. I need to get a 'Port' put in to make this easier on everyone. A port is a small device with a hollow space inside that is sealed by a soft top. The port is connected to a small flexible tube called a catheter. A special needle is put in the soft top of the port so that medications and fluids can be given and blood samples withdrawn. In a short procedure, the port is implanted, which means it is placed completely beneath your skin, and the catheter is inserted inside a blood vessel. Ports are usually implanted on the upper chest. So I need to meet with the surgeon, have a pre-op visit at the hospital and then the procedure on the 27th.


I have my next Chemo on the 19th and hopefully the tweaking of the med's will cease all reactions.

Next on the agenda I need to have a Colonoscopy and Upper GI Endoscopy scheduled for the 3rd of January. I have already met with the Doc and the question they are looking to answer with these procedures is why my blood count shows I am loosing blood somewhere somehow. Before the procedure you have all this fun stuff to drink and a list of things you are NOT to eat or drink.

In the middle of all this I am able to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior with my family. To watch their faces, see the beautiful sights everywhere, enjoy the sounds of laughter, music and feel the love we all share will definitely refresh my soul.

"I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for ALL the people; for today in the city of David there has been born unto you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord...
Glory to God in the Highest"
Luke 2:10-14 (paraphrased)

No comments: