Sunday, December 2, 2007

1st Chemo -Nov 30th

Where to begin...Neal as always, being a gentleman opened the gate to our driveway for the generous ladies who where able to help with today's events. It seemed as though everyone arrived at the same time.

Someone mentioned that our dog Sasha had a hurt foot and was bleeding. Then the children came in all commenting on the same thing. So while trying to get kids, paperwork and final details together I needed to find out what was going on with the dog. As soon as I came near her I could tell she was traumatized by something. I called the vet explained the situation of where I needed to be and would it be OK to have a friend drop her off and keep in contact with us by phone. They agreed that would be fine. Praise the Lord my friend was willing and had a dog crate in the back of her vehicle (what are the chances) and was going by that way. I went to Chemo, kids went with friends, dog to the vet. Whew!!

Chemo started with Herceptin (slowly) it was cold but thankfully no other reactions. Then they did a medicine flush....

Meanwhile we got a call from the vet... the dog had definitely been hit by a car. She had a punctured lung, 3 broken ribs, 3 broken or missing teeth, kidney damage, road rash under her neck and leg, and her lung was gassing out into her body and if they couldn't get it under control the pressure could cause the lung to collapse. They couldn't get her liver score it was off the chart. She would need to go to the Loomis Basin Vet Clinic for the night if not for longer....

The next drug for me was the Taxotere. Which is the one you need to soak your fingers in ice so that you hopefully don't loose your fingernails. Then another lady there told me to eat ice chips or popsicles because she had bad mouth sores from this drug also... Praise the Lord still no allergic reactions.

There was a delay between the next drug due to air in the line. So this set us back in time. Meanwhile the doctor came back to talk to me about the Iron blood work. Stated he still didn't like what he is seeing and would like me to go take a colonoscopie (sp?) Worst case scenario we could be looking at colon cancer.... The last drug for the day was the Carboplatyn. Everything went well with this one also. Thank you Lord. My friend endured all this with me and even went and got us lunch, but now we were late in timing for her to pick up her children and deal with the dog....

So I called a neighbor to see if she could be available to get the dog crate from our house meet me at the Vet and bring the dog and me home...

She was!! We couldn't lift the dog out of the crate till Neal got home. So she dropped me and her vehicle off at our house. Neal arrived within about an hour (traffic) He moved the dog and crate over to our van and drove her vehicle up to her. She went to turn her vehicle around and ran over the water spigot and broke her water main.... So with the kids not yet back and Neal needing to help our neighbor with the water situation, I took the dog to the Loomis Basin Vet.

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET !?!

Neal buttoned up the main for the eve. the kids got home and had a wonderful dinner and I returned home safely. All in all it was an eventful day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ... bet you were ready for a completely uneventful day the next day! Could you have fit anything else in? The cool thing is that God promises not to give us more than we can handle ... and to help us handle what He allows. And you saw it lived out. No huge reaction to your chemo that day. Thank you, God! Keep holding on to Him.
Sandy

Camiva Mom said...

Yes, Wow it is...I thank the Lord for pulling you through this all Yvette, God has surrounded you with his angels, and you are being lifted up in so many homes in prayer, Hallelujah!

Fun is always in style. said...

Hope this weekend was uneventful