Friday, December 28, 2007

Hair today gone tomorrow

When my hair started to fall out, it felt like when your hair has been in a ponytail too long and it is sore. Then parts felt like I had sunburned my scalp. At first it came out slowly then it just came out in clumps. My very sweet hair stylist cut my hair to this cute style on the 20th. I was having an emotional day about the hair lose and the mess it was making. I liked the cut, and who knows maybe I'll have it like this someday when it grows back. I was praying the hair would hang on thru. Christmas day. You know... so the Christmas morning pictures wouldn't look hideous.The Lord blessed me and let it hang on thru. Christmas day. Then on the day after Christmas I had to take a shower and it REALLY came out.

Thursday the 27th I had the Port put in and my hair was very patchy and sore.



So that eve. I had Neal shave the scraggly patches off.


Here is the wig I borrowed, it doesn't quite fit. I'm will still working on some different ideas to cover the Kojak look.

6 comments:

DoriAnn said...

I saw this wig up close and personal and it is REALLY CUTE!

This picture does not do it justice.

You dahlin look good "hairless", you could do a Star Trek episode and wear one of those cool, "I can't breathe" pant suits.

ha

kim

Anonymous said...

Yup, the wig looks really good. I have to agree. I didn't recognize you at first, but the smile gave you away. When I saw your smile, I knew who I was looking at. You look gorgeous, lady!

Sandy

Teri Huffman said...

Hi this is from Linda (Teri's friend)....I have only one thing to say after reading everything YOU ARE MY HERO HONEY!!!!Love you and I will continue to pray for you!

Camiva Mom said...

Darryl & I were reading your blog this evening and both of us commented on the smile you have, WOW, I agree with Linda above, you are a hero to us as well, your joy and faith has been streaching and helping us, thanks so much again Yvette for sharing this part of your life with us. I love you friend!

Heather~

Chris said...

Hey Yvette!

I finally got to see the progression!

And I have to say, you look pretty amazing without hair! :)

But the wig looks very nice too so if you want to I suppose you could wear it. :)

Love you and still praying for you!
Christopher

Moorea said...

Yvette,
Hey chicka- you look fab without hair, very supermodel. I agree
with Kim, you could do a Star Trek
movie. Have you gone to one of those sites that you put your picture on and they change your hair. I have always wanted to try that.

I love you. I am praying for you & yours. ~Moorea