Thursday, December 13, 2007

Reactions

Sorry it has taken me sooo long to blog we have a time of it. First I had some reactions to the medicine that you take in conjunction with Chemo.
-a red flush from my cheeks down my stomach/ hot to the touch
-shakes
-heartburn
-tingling and tightness across chest
-sleeplessness
Then we had some possible reactions to the shot they give to bring your white blood cell count back up or they say could've been possible reactions to Chemo.
-Ulceration (lump in my throat) in my throat.
-inflamed burning around my rear
-trouble breathing
Then the nausea got out of control and I wasn't able to keep any thing down.
They gave me med's orally and I.V. to stop the nausea, to no avail. They needed to rehydrate me and wanted me to go to the hospital till they could get things under control. I refused so they ordered some suppositories and 2 other drugs. I was to take these every 6 hours. After about 24-30 hours. I could get some things down that would stay. after 48 hours I was feeling much better and stopped the medicine. YEAH!!!!!!!

They say next go around (Dec. 19th) they are adjusting the med's to hopefully compensate for all this.

Everything has a metallic taste to it, but it goes down and stays. So I am grateful for this. I am also thankful, as of yet, my hair is still in place.

Sasha our dog is recovering without a hitch, back to her old self.
God is so good. He provided His servants throughout all this just when and where we needed them.

3 comments:

Camiva Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camiva Mom said...

You know Yvette you looked beautiful last night at Victorian Christmas, thanks for thinking of that!

We'll be praying for you while we are away to WA.

Love ya,
Heather~

Chris said...

Wheew!

You are so amazing Yvette!
You handle so many crazy things all at the same time...

I'm blown away! I couldn't do it!

Love you and praying for you!
Christopher