Friday, November 2, 2007

Praise the Lord

Nov. 1st and I was supposed to go to the Doctor's in San Fran. but earlier this week I contacted them in regards to this meeting and that my drains were not ready to come out. The drains are supposed to be at 25 cc total for each day per drain, for 2 days straight. (you drain them 2x per day) Mine are at 25 cc per drain each time I drain. They agreed that I would only need to come out when it was time to take out the drains.

The surgeon, Shelley Hwang, called today. She had really great news. She stated that the pathology was in. She would have sworn that my tumor and the MRI showed also was 5 cm. BUT the pathology came back it was only 3.1 cm and there was another one .7 cm. There was nothing in the left breast at all (as expected). Now the Lymph's only the 3 mm spot and a 1 mm speck in the 2 Lymph's that she originally biopsied.....SO.... NO MORE IN THE LYMPH'S !!! Praise the Lord!!! She stated that I was staged at a 3 and she thinks I can be down staged to a 2. YEAH!!! I said so we got it all and she stated that she hesitates to say that because it is cancer. But she feels with pretty certainty that we did... GET IT ALL!! Thank you all for your prayers I believe they carried me. The Lord's gracious hand was upon me all along this journey so far. I really felt God's provision of peace through this.

Little ways the Lord lets me know He is here:
-Scripture he lays on my mind and heart of His love and care
-care from friends...just when I need that verse or to hear their heart
-I had no anxiety with the anesthesia (it was instant)
-no anxiety waking from the anesthesia, God put a clock right in my view for me to know how much time was passing (I'm a bit of a clock watcher)
-being able to get off the narcotics so quickly
-Kurt being home, to take the dog to the vet for staples (emergency the day after I arrived home from the hospital)

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.
PS. 28:7


6 comments:

Chris said...

Yahoo!!
I'm so glad Yvette!! That is absolutly wonderful news!! :)

I'm practically bouncing off the walls here! :)

Love you guys!
Christopher

Camiva Mom said...

Yeah God, Yeah God, Yeah God, Yeah God, Yeah God, YEAH GOD!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making the effort to keep up this blog. It's great to read all your thoughts and happenings. We are "dancing" here for you. Thrilled with your news! And wow, it was great to see you looking so good last night!
Sandy

jewellspring said...

That is SO fabulous, Yvette. It was great to see your smiling face on Friday night. I know it was hard not to laugh uproariously! What a blast, and I'm so glad you didn't miss it.

Way to go typing this all up for us!

sarah marie said...

That is wonderful news, Yvette! I'm so glad you're keeping this blog - it lets me check in on how you're doing from all the way across on the country. You're and your wonderful family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.